There is a funny quote about nails that goes something like this. “The only time you can keep a woman helpless is when she is drying her nail polish.” No one knows the origin of the quote, but the quote’s originator appears to be a sadistic person who loves to keep people helpless.
OPI believes in empowering women and instilling confidence in them. One way is to minimize the time it takes to dry a woman’s nail polish. OPI Dipping Powder is an excellent solution that does not take more than a minute or two to dry. Maybe, the originator of the quote above might not relish it, but women worldwide adore OPI nails.
The Concept behind Dipping Powder
One has to admit that drying nail polish can be cumbersome. There can be distractions leading to a woman smudging her nail polish. The invention of the dipping powder thus comes as a welcome surprise. The reasons why dipping powder has become popular can be attributed to the following.
- Offers the same gel polish-like shine
- Lasts for a minimum of three weeks without the need to light cure
- Easy to apply and remove
- A fantastic array of colors
- Dries within a minute of applying, thereby offering an incredible user experience
How to apply dipping powder?
Though a visit to a nail salon should be ideal, we shall explain the procedure in simple words to enable women to try it out in her home’s confines.
Applying OPI Dipping Powder is a two-step process. The first one is preparing the nails for the procedure followed by the application.
Preparing the nails
- Wash and sanitize your hands with a good quality hand sanitizer.
- Remove traces of existing nail polish, if any.
- Trim your nails and shape them for excellent results.
- Gently remove the cuticle residue and the excess non-living tissue using a sterilized nipper.
- Buff your nail surface lightly.
- Remove any excess dust and clean the nail again.
- Apply a coat of pH balancing agent and let it dry.
- The nail is now ready.
The Application Process
- Choose your desired color and separately pour out equal quantities of OPI color powder and OPI color set powder into two cups.
- Apply a coat of Base Coat to a single nail to cover the entire surface evenly.
- Dip the nail immediately into the OPI powder color at a 45-degree angle.
- Tap off the excess powder carefully.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining four nails. It is better to do one nail at a time, as the Base Coat can dry within no time.
- On completing the procedure for one hand, tap off the excess powder using a sanitized cosmetic brush.
- Apply an additional layer of the Base Coat and color powder.
- Repeat the entire procedure once again for each of the five fingers.
- Allow the nail to dry for a minute before using the sanitized cosmetic brush to remove excess powder residue.
- Apply a coat of OPI Perfection Activator to each nail and ensure to cover the entire surface of all the nails.
- Allow the coat to dry completely.
- Repeat the same procedure for the fingers of the other hand.
Check whether the application is perfect.
- Go back to the first hand to ensure that the activator coat is completely dry.
- If necessary, contour the surface using a good-quality buffer.
- Be careful not to file and buffer through the powder coat. A cosmetic brush should suffice to dust off the excess powder.
- Apply an additional coat of the activator and let it dry.
- Repeat the procedure for the fingers on the other hand.
- Apply a coat of Top-Coat to each nail and let it dry for a minute.
- Once dry, apply a second coat of Top-coat and allow it to dry.
- Dust off any excess powder carefully.
- Your OPI Nails are now ready for showing off.
The Removal Procedure
These nails will now last for a minimum of three weeks without the need for a top-up application. Let us now proceed with the powder polish removal procedure.
- Wash your hands and nails thoroughly with a handwash gel or sanitizer.
- Use a good-quality file to break the top layer of the OPI powder polish. Ensure not to file the nail.
- Fold a nail wipe into quarters and saturate the pad of removal wrap with a good-quality lacquer remover.
- Place the wrap under the finger to ensure that the pad and the nail wipe wraps over the fingernail.
- Allow it to soak for around 25 minutes.
- Gently twist the wrap to remove it.
- Use a cuticle stick to remove any powder residue.
- Wash your hands with soap.
- Your hands are as clean as ever.
Is it not easy to use OPI Dipping powder to acquire a fantastic nail polish job? Use genuine OPI nails products and contact us for your requirements. We are delighted to serve you in the best possible manner.